Gender Affirmative Therapy: Transition with Lucas
Lucas Novak, a new transgender client, is looking for support as he navigates the medical and legal systems to make transitions that will allow him to be his authentic self. Complete a therapy session with Lucas to gain an understanding of his next steps for transition and determine the type of support he wants from therapy.
Mental health providers must understand and respond to the unique needs of individuals across diverse populations. Unfortunately, many individuals report negative experiences in therapy resulting from lack of provider knowledge. Effective training can help providers develop the skills and confidence needed to create a safe and trusting environment where gender minorities feel comfortable and validated when sharing their experiences.
Social Work & Students
5 - 8 minimum
30 - 45
- Creating Opportunities to Explore a Client’s Transition
- Identifying a Client’s Individual Needs in Transitioning
- Creating a Safe and Trusting Environment
- Validating a Client’s Identity and Experiences
Included in Training:
- A Training Guide with information on gender affirming care and working with clients in a respectful manner that positions them to achieve their best outcomes.
- A Simulated Conversation with a varied character to prepare learners for clients with different needs and goals regarding their transition.
- Comprehensive Feedback during and after each play to help guide skill development.
This training was developed in collaboration with Towson Universityand with funding from The National Institutes of Health (Grant Number: #R44MD014112).This training can be purchased as a part of the Gender Affirmative Therapy Training Suite. Please Contact Us for more information on pricing.